Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Ubuntu

Ok so I have been a linux fanatic since I was 10 years old!! Go figure, I started with FreeBSD, which even though this is not linux it's based on the predecessor to linux, the god of all OSes, *nix.

So after not booting up my Ubuntu 9.04 partition for around 4 months, I had some work to do on it, so I launched right. Well I did my work then had nothing better to do yesterday, so I did some much needed system updates. Well long story short, I botched up my install and ruined my Linux partition.

So I spent a little while deciding if I wanted to repair or just copy out my home dir and re-install. Ahhh what the hey, I re-installed. So before I did that I downloaded a copy of the new Ubuntu 10! Man what an improvement!

I am now posting this morning from my new Ubuntu 10 OS! Love this thing, glad I did this than to repair and then do the network updates, would have taken forever.

This new version of Ubuntu, if anyone is wondering, has Google's new netbook technology where it's instant on!! I mean from when I select this OS under grub2, I see one line of text, then boom, for 2 seconds it's on the boot screen and then it's in. And that boot screen, is inside xwindows, it's not from the loader system anymore. So Ubuntu 10 now has instant on technology. I love it.

So I personally recommend this system to anyone out there! Plus for gamer since Steam technology is soon to release it's linux version, we linux people can run all those games we've ever wanted without having to install Crossover!! So go for it!

No comments: